Contact UsContact us at the following addresses:
Athena Accessibility Projects Home
The links below include some of our current projects and works in progress. They are still in draft form.
Task force for inclusion of people with cognitive disabilities
We are working to make an accessibility road-map that focuses on cognitive disabilities, which includes guidelines that allow authors to make their content usable by as many people as possible. Cognitive disabilities includes people with learning disabilities, who have problems reading, and who have difficulties with problem solving, attention span, short term memory loss (such as mild to moderate Alzheimer's), or language disabilities. See the task force for inclusion of people with cognitive disabilities.
This is being done as part of the Protocols and Formats Working Group (PFWG) and of WCAG, of the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the W3C.
With ARIA, we can make complex custom controls and dynamic scripted content accessible. These Web page provides tools and support for people using ARIA. Athena ICT's current work includes:
- ARIA Examples: ARIA widgets that are simple to use and follow.
- How to use ARIA, simple blog posts, examples, and tutorials
- Other documents, such as References and Glossary, roles requirements for authors and our testing guide.
- ARIA Tests pages and sins - What not to do - these are great for learning the testing tools or for testing your debugging skills. Also see our testing guide.
- We are building a test case database for ARIA. You can use this to test your knowledge, test the performance of testing tools, and build new test cases.